Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tasting: Terre Rouge Enigma

Name: Terre Rouge Enigma
Variety: 44% Marsanne, 29% Viognier, and 27% Roussanne
Region: Plymouth, California
Country: United States
Year: 2009
Price: $19.95 (On sale from $32)
Shop review: "Aromas suggest wildflower honey and acacia blossom with hints of tangerine and papaya.  Flavors are creamy with peach, apple, and quince sensations competing for your taste buds.  The finish is crisp with classic white Rhone stone (peach) fruit pit flavors intermingled with mineral tones from this rocky site.  Enjoyable young, the wine also gains great complexity with bottle age." -Vintage Cellar, 2014
My review: When I sniffed Terre Rouge Enigma from my glass, I picked up on notes of apple and honey.  The honey flavor stood out on the tongue with hints of flowers and citrus.  It was very cool and crisp upon finish; something I would find myself drinking on a warm summer evening.  
Food: I did not pair this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment