Monday, February 3, 2014

Tasting: Eberle Vineyard Selection Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Eberle Vineyard Selection Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Paso Robles, California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $20.95
Shop review: "Displays cassis, mocha, and tobacco characteristics and is blended from several distinguished Paso Robles vineyards, including Eberle Estate." -Vintage Cellar, 2014
My review: Eberle Vineyard Selection Cabernet Sauvignon poured red with aromas of mocha, blackberry, pepper and tobacco.  Flavors of mocha and tobacco lingered on the tongue.  I particularly enjoyed this one as the tannins were subdued and the finish smooth.  I did not bring this wine home and now I'm wishing that I did.
Food: I did not pair this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment