Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tasting: Cherry Cove Pinot Noir

Name: Cherry Cove Pinot Noir
Variety: 
Pinot Noir
Region: Willamette Valley, Oregon
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $17.95
Shop review: "The ruby color of this wine suggests classic Pinot as the nose opens with fresh lavender and plum jam.  Across the palate are vibrant tones, from explosive red cherry on entry to lush strawberry on the lively mid-palate.  Lingering floral tones hang for just a moment and carry through the soft finish." -Vintage Cellar, 2014
My review: The description from Vintage Cellar was the most accurate that I have encountered so far in my experiences with wine tasting.  Cherry Cove Pinot Noir poured a beautiful, rich, ruby red in my glass.  On the nose, I detected hints of cocoa, cherry, and strawberries.  The palate exposed the flavors of cherry and strawberries that I had encountered in my sniffing.  I also detected slight hints of tobacco upon tasting.  The finish on this Pinot Noir was gentle and smooth, with soft tannins on the tongue.   
Food: I did not pair this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment