Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tasting: Don Ramon Tinto Barrica

Name: Don Ramon Tinto Barrica
Variety: Grenache/Tempranillo
Region: Campo de Borja
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $8.95
Shop review: "Now you can't always say that just because a wine is good or expensive it is good or bad.  In fact, in my last decade+ of wine drinking I have had to learn my lessons the hard way.  Because I am not rich I am typically forced to drink bottles that are in the $12-22 dollar range.  This is perfect for me though as sitting on the couch staring at the fire and television really isn't worthy of $25 dollars a glass.  Having said this, from time to time I have found greatness in the under $12 range.  Though rare, it happens.  When it does, it's a love affair in the making!" - Vintage Cellar, 2014
My review: Don Ramon Tinto Barrica poured a purple-red in the glass.  I smelled notes of wood and oak instantly, which only made sense because it was aged in oak barrels.  My palate appreciated flavors of fruit with an earthy, herbal finish that made it a pleasant drink.
Food: I did not pair this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment