Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tasting: Crater Rim Riesling Kabinett 2012

Name: Crater Rim Riesling Kabinett 2012
Variety: Riesling
Region: North Canterbury
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2012
Price: $18.95
Shop review: "From a single, low cropping vineyard in the Waipara valley.  This has produced an approachable wine with complex citrus, spice and apple characters.  Aromas of braeburn apples, citrus and spice with a hint of rose water are immediately apparent.  On the palate the ripe citrus attack combines with a thread of mineral acidity.  This balanced by residual sweetness to create a redressing off dry wine." - Vintage Cellar, 2014
My review: Crater Rim Riesling poured a clear to off-yellow color in the glass.  On the nose, I noted citrus and fresh apples.  The taste was subtle sweet, with oranges, mandarines, and apples on the tongue.  I really enjoyed this riesling!  It may have been one of my favorites that I've ever tried.  Very refreshing.
Food: I did not pair this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment