Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tasting: Foxglove Chardonnay

Name: Foxglove Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay

Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $15.95
Shop review: "91 Points, Wine Advocate. A beauty, as well as an absurd value.  Very clean and lively, with classic Chardonnay notes of juiced apple, citrus, and minerality, it is clean and focused on the palate with the richness of the variety, yet also beautiful precision and focus.  Classy and well-made, without any apparent oak, it should be purchased by the case and consumed over the coming 2-3 years.  Drink now until 2016." -Vintage Cellar, 2014
My review: Foxglove Chardonnay poured a light, pale yellow in the glass.  Notes of citrus and minerals hit the nose.  My palate was pleased by flavors of dry apples.  The chardonnay provided a smooth dry finish.  I was not particularly impressed with this Chardonnay as I believe I have had better in the past.
Food: I did not pair this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment